Whether you want utter relaxation, a family-friendly getaway with lots of fun activities, or a lavish celebration in a breathtaking setting, we’ve handpicked this luxurious list of properties after our recent trip to Seychelles where we experienced each one personally.
1. Four Seasons Desroches – Highlights
- A private island with Villas, Suites and Residence Villas
- 35-minute flight from the main island, Mahé
- Get there in a pressurized Beechcraft 1900 (scheduled charter flights available most days) or private charter (available any day)
All suites and villas are beachfront.
If you want to bike to remote beaches, say hello to giant tortoises, lounge in a luxurious beachfront pool villa and scuba dive at a variety of dive sites – then Desroches definitely ticks the box. It’s the only resort on the island, and it caters to singles, couples and families alike. We loved having bikes throughout our stay, and because the island is so flat, it was easy to explore. Activity highlights include diving, visiting the Tortoise Sanctuary and taking boat trips to St Joseph’s atoll and Poivre Island (fishing trips especially).
2. Four Seasons Seychelles – Highlights
- Private pool villas and Private Residences
- Petite Anse Bay, Mahé
- Get there by flying directly to Seychelles International Airport (SEZ). A representative will be waiting for you at the airport. Reaching the hotel takes 35 minutes by car.
If you want an Instagramable pool villa that offers sparkling views and easy access to a pristine secluded bay, then the Four Seasons on Mahé is where it’s at. Neatly nestled in the hills that overlook Petite Anse bay, the resort offers everything you want in a destination. The accommodation options are sophisticated and exclusive, and we especially loved the hotel’s private beach. Enjoy jogging trails, yoga classes, beach volleyball, an open-air spa, and a variety of water-sports.
3. La Cigale Estate – Highlights
- Exclusive 9-bedroom, classic Seychellois farm house on a 4.5 acre plot
- Praslin island (Seychelles’ second largest island)
- Get there via scheduled light aircraft flight (10 minutes) or helicopter
If you want all the luxuries of home and hotel living combined, then La Cigale Estate is just the place for you and your group to stay. The main house offers 5 suites, all opening out onto wraparound terraces. On the grounds there are 4 more garden suites, complete with private plunge pools. The house comes with a fully-equipped Technogym, a bar and wine cellar, a cinema room, a game room, and a pool table. All of your meals and drinks are included, making for a truly fuss-free vacation. The chef is serving up Seychellois food that leaves you craving more and the bartender’s craft cocktails make lounging at the pool an enticing experience. Within the spacious grounds you can swim, play tennis and petanque, or ask the in-house masseuse for a massage. We were impressed with the direct access to the beautiful white-sand Cote d’Or Beach for beach walks, kayaking and snorkeling. For those who love a long walk on the beach, this location offers the ability to walk several kilometers with sand between your toes.
4. Six Senses Zil Pasyon – Highlights
- Pool Villas and exclusive Residences
- Félicité island
- Get there via a 20-minute helicopter flight from Mahé, or fly from Mahé airport to Praslin via Air Seychelles and take a short private boat trip from Praslin to Félicité
If you want to snorkel right off the beach and experience secluded luxury accommodation surrounded by beautiful nature, Zil Pasyon will speak to all of your senses. The Pool Villas and exclusive Residences take luxury to another level, offering spectacular views and five-star facilities. We’re excited that wellness and meditation are a big part of the resort’s offering, and you can enjoy regular yoga classes on the yoga deck, visiting wellness experts, a sauna and steam room, a gym, and a full spa menu. Daily activities on the island include guided hikes, snorkeling trips, sunset boat cruises, creole cooking classes, turtle talks, and a fun kids club and activity center (for 4–12-year-olds). Being a 10-minute boat ride from La Digue also gives you a chance to experience the local Seychellois culture on this small, vibey island.
If this is the year that you book a vacation you’ll never forget, let us help you put together the perfect island itinerary.