While we loved the boldness behind our clients’ 2023 travel itineraries, the season of bucket list ideas and action-packed adventures for big groups and milestone occasions has come to an end. That’s right, this year we’re fielding exciting requests for smooth, seamless travel trips with soul and sustainability, especially those that allow them savoring the quality time spent with loved ones.
Here are three of 2024’s top travel trends that we can’t get enough of…
- Taking it easy
This year, our YPA clients want to soak up every aspect of a destination as authentically as possible, without needing to do the stressful organizing. That means exploring two to three destinations at a time; embracing fully guided, personal itineraries; and striking a happy balance between unforgettable experiences whilst still enjoying a trip that leaves them feeling recharged and ready to return to their work and personal lives. Keep it truly stress-free by using travel experts (like us!) to plan all the details, create a unique and special itinerary, and be on hand to help connect all the dots.
- Prioritizing friends and family
We’re loving the special requests flooding our inboxes for meaningful, fun and adventurous trips with friends and family members. Life is busier than ever, which is why quality downtime spent with your favorite people is taking a big priority this year.
- Scheduling trips in shoulder seasons
And lastly, avoiding the hustle and bustle of peak seasons is all the rage. Traveling in a destination’s shoulder season is not only more affordable and quieter, but because we personally experience everything we recommend to our clients, we’re able to give you our insider’s scoop on unique experiences that can only be experienced in specific windows of time.
Did someone say ‘safari’?
Safaris are definitely in, not only because time spent in nature is perfect for trips that offer quality time and a diverse range of activities for everyone to enjoy, but also because they can be easy and affordable enough that travelers can still add in another trip to their 2024 schedule.
Here are our top 4 reasons why 2024 is the year to experience an soul-filling African safari:
- Affordability. Flights to Africa generally cost the same as flights to Europe, making a safari a value-add destination that offers a variety of price points.
- Quick & convenient private charters. Private charters in Africa are YPA’s favorite safari upgrade – especially if you’re traveling as a group or family. They save a lot of time with quick connections, giving you more time to relax and less time spent in transit, and there are a variety of price points and aircraft to consider. Did you know, all YPA private charters come with 2 pilots? Your safety is our priority.
- Bush and beach combos. We love planning bush and beach itineraries for our clients, not only because they offer the best of both worlds, but also because they add a relaxing and easy-going element to a vacation. Safari by land… and sea!
- Immersive eco-tourism. We take great pride in choosing our travel partners firsthand, carefully selecting the companies that put conservation first and prioritize giving back to the surrounding communities. This kind of sustainable tourism is perfectly aligned with travelers that want unforgettable adventures in nature that nevertheless tread lightly and leave minimal impact.
Is 2024 your year to go on a safari – or maybe a 2nd, 3rd or 10th safari? Let us help you plan a trip that ticks all of the boxes and sets the tone for more meaningful and insightful travel experiences.